So you’ve decided you want to start a travel blog. This is the first step in a very fun and rewarding experience. In this article we will take you through the process of connecting your domain to your hosting for your travel blog.
This process is for those of you who purchased your domain name from somewhere other than Bluehost. Reminder: You get a free domain name if you sign up for 12 months of hosting through Bluehost using our special link.
Let’s get right into it.
1. Login to the site where you registered your domain.
• Once logged in locate the domain name you wish to connect to your Bluehost hosting account. Click on “Manage.” It’s usually called “Manage” or something similar. If you cannot located this, domain name registrars usually have FAQs or you can message them directly.
• Look for an area that says “NAMESERVERS.” Click on “Custom DNS”
• You’ll have to input the NAMESERVERS that were provided to you by Bluehost. These will be in your welcome email.
• Click “save” and log out.
2. Login to your Cpanel via Bluehost.
• Click on “Addon Domains” button under the “Domains” section.
• Add your domain in the “New Domain Name” field and click “Add domain”
• Fill in the “Username” , “Password” and “Email” sections. Save these somewhere safe. You’ll likely not need these unless you want to login to your database (this is more technical stuff and not usually needed for a Travel Blog)
• That’s it! You’re done. This can take up to 24 – 48 hours to actually connect, which is why we highly suggest getting your domain name through Bluehost for free when you sign up for 12 months using our special link.